Episode 2 – Getting Social Beyond Social Media
In case you missed this past podcast episode Angela and Patti discuss being able to be social without being stuck to the phone.
Click here to listen – Getting Social Beyond Social Media
People are losing face to face contact. There is home schooling, working from home, solo-entrepreneurs, single parenting and much more. Distance over internet makes people bold, they feel comfort behind electronics. Interacting face to face, shy people feel more uncomfortable and their not forced to socialize.
How do you get social away from the phone?
- Go and get face to face with others, and put the phone away.
- Go to the same place and same time every week and possibly you will see the same people every week and make a connection.
- Start going to meetups groups.
- Stretch out of your comfort zone.
- People cut themselves off from social opportunities before they even get there.
Strategy – Pick a place and go once a week. Get past the What IF of past fear of rejection. Sometimes you may never know who you may meet by taking a chance. Take the risk and leave the what-ifs behind. The most fun times, has been talking to strangers about the weirdest things!
Connecting to your heart and writing exercise.
What do you want to experience socially?
- Not everyone wants romance.
- If someone invites you to go somewhere. Say yes.
- Find people with same interests as you.
Please share this podcast with others, push the like button on Anchor and leave us an encouraging review.
Angela and I would like to thank our sponsor Anchor for supporting our podcast.
Want even more tips about creating better relationships? Come join our Facebook group called Building Better Relationships at Home and Work with Angela & Patti Facebook Group
Become a monthly supporter of Building Better Relationships at Home and Work with Angela and Patti a podcast. Click on the support button in the Anchor App. “By supporting Building Better Relationships at Home and Work with Angela and Patti podcasts through donations this will help sustain future episodes. Thank you for listening and sharing. 🙂 ”