In this episode Surviving Social Isolation, Angela and Patti will give some tips and tricks on how to deal with social distancing and surviving isolation. Click on the link below to listen to the full podcast episode:
Our prayers and thoughts go out to everyone who is affected by this virus.
This is the perfect time for slowing down and taking some self-care.
How can you still be in contact with others while being isolated?
- Facetime or video chat with family and friends
- Adult coloring or coloring with the children
- Play board games with family and do a puzzle
- Blowing bubbles outside with the children
- Draw or write with chalk outside with the kids
- Have a virtual meetup; On Facebook, Skype, or Zoom. Example: a book club, a meeting you usually might have in person but instead do it virtually
- Start a group text, in the WhatsApp with people who get you and can help you get support
Here’s a journal exercise Angela discussed to move and release those feelings.
Write down on a piece of paper.
1. What you feel you have lost in this situation?
2. What you feel you need?
3. Why do you need this?
4. How could you meet this need?
With the feelings: – Acknowledge what you are feeling and tell yourself it’s OK to feel this way. Other people are feeling a lot at the moment, too (their own feelings) the more you acknowledge what you feel helps others to acknowledge theirs. With the need – find words that meet your emotional need eg. to feel safe, to get rid of anxiety, to not go crazy!
Why do you need this? – When you understand more deeply why you need what you think you need – you may begin to see that your “why” can give you more solutions from Patti’s list of me-time or we-time.
And it will help you vocalize your need to others and those you love…or you may realize something about your need – like its actually not that important!
How could you meet this need? Is it reaching out for support or getting personally creative/nurturing.
Look at a list of tips we are sharing.
Notice which of your needs are the most important?
Often one habit/action meets all of your needs. If you are an introvert, texting and telepathy are good places to start to connect to others. Telepathy is sending the thought out and putting good energy to it, so that later when you reach out to others, they feel that energy.
When you send a text – Put a good feeling into it – people will feel it. Its the most amazing thing in these times, people are willing and ready to connect and wishing well for people.
Angela’s new Youtube channel link New Energy Body
Patti’s Prayer of Hope
How can you support Building Better Relationships at Home and Work with Angela and Patti a podcast? Click a button below.