I was asked these questions last week “What does a Business Plan really mean?” “Why should I have one?” “Aren’t they a lot of work?” Let’s explore these questions for the small business owner and entrepreneur.
What is a Business plan? ~ according to Wikipedia.
A business plan is a formal statement of business goals, reasons they are attainable, and plans for reaching them. It may also contain background information about the organization or team attempting to reach those goals. ~ Wikipedia
A business plan can be basic or complex, for these business plan questions I will keep it uncomplicated and achievable.
Why should I have a business plan?
A business plan helps you have a reason why for your business and keep you focused on your goals.
Here are some questions for a basic business plan:
- What is your business?
- What products and/or services are you going to provide next year?
- What are your values?
- How are you going to incorporate your values into your business?
- How are you going to accomplish this?
- What is your financial goal for next year?
- Who are your potential customers or clients?
- How are you going to market and network your business to successfully reach potential customers/clients and obtain your financial goal?
Aren’t they a lot of work?
When reviewing, brainstorming and answering these few questions you have a simple and attainable business plan for the upcoming year. Feel free to share. ~ Patti 🙂
To contact me for a private confidential discovery business plan coaching session. Fill out the contact form below. In the comment section specify you would like a free 30 minute business plan discovery session.
Coaching sessions can be conducted in various methods.
- By Phone
- By Skype
- In Person