Last week blog post was about “Time to Plan a Vacation”. This week is about “Staycation”. A Staycation is a good alternative, if you are unable to take a get a way vacation.
What is a Staycation?
A Staycation is when you vacation at home with some leisure time and activities within driving distance, staying at home and sleeping in your own bed at night.
What are the Benefits of a Staycation?
A Staycation may involve hanging around the house or taking day trips around your city or the surrounding areas.
- You sleep in your own bed.
- No packing a suitcase.
- Don’t have to make travel accommodations.
- It is inexpensive.
- It is relaxing and you set your own pace.
- You get a break from work.
- You can unwind, unplug and spend some quality time reconnecting with the family and friends.
A Staycation is NOT
- Staying home and watching TV all day.
- Doing household chores.
- Do It Yourself (DYI) Projects around the home.
Some fun ideas for a Staycation
1. Explore and enjoy the outdoors: Go for a hike, have a picnic at a local park, bicycling, go to an urban lake for a walk or fishing, read a book outside on your patio.
2. Go on an adventure and do some local activities: to the museums, theatre, art galleries, sporting events, festivals or bowling.
3. Enjoy your favorite hobby.
Another type of Staycation is staying at a local hotel
- No cleaning
- No making the bed
- No cooking
- Relax by the pool, in the hot tub and/or read a book
A Staycation at a local hotel does have a cost, however it is less expensive then traveling outside your local area. You do have to pack a bag and won’t be sleeping in your own bed, the upside you are taking a break from work and allowing yourself to recharge.
Getting away from work is good for your mind, body, and soul. A Staycation may be the right answer for you.
Do you want more in your life than just your career?
To learn more about one to one coaching with Patti – email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 thoughts on “Relax with a Staycation”
I have taken many Staycations and the secret to having a good one is to make sure you don’t do ordinary chores as you mention.
Hi, Roland yes, I agree, the secret to a good Staycation is not to do ordinary chores. Thanks for sharing.