In today’s world we have Microsoft Outlook, iPhones, iPads and all kinds of different gadgets to alert us of what we have scheduled next. This could feel overwhelming at times. We are jumping from one meeting to another and moving from one child’s activity to another or having multiple children’s activities scheduled at the same time. No wonderful people feel overwhelmed and stressed.
Take a few minutes to do the following:
- Open up your calendar and review all your schedule appointments and activities from last month
- Review your bank statement
- Open up your current calendar and schedule 15 minutes to 30 minutes every day for quiet time with just yourself
Now take some time to answer these questions:
1. What are my priorities?
2. Are these priorities helping me or stressing me out?
3. I am trying to do too much?
Taking 15 to 30 minutes a day of quiet time will help your feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed. Walk away from all distractions such as people, computers and cell phones for at least 15 to 30 minutes each day and let me know how this worked for you. – Patti