The Benefits of Adult Coloring – Why Do It?
I purchased my first Adult Coloring Book a few years ago. At this present time, I have a variety of coloring books, markers, and pencils. I have received coloring books as gifts, and I have given coloring books as gifts as well. I take coloring books on camping trips and weekend getaways. Coloring, for me, is a way to relax and let go.
On one camping trip, my friends and I spent hours coloring inside my camper while the rain came pouring down. We shared our life challenges and our life aspirations. It was a great way to reconnect with each other. We each had different coloring styles, which made each page unique and different.
Be gentle with yourself; you can’t fail at self-care. ~ Dr. Samantha, Naturopathic Physician
Benefits of Adult Coloring
- Coloring is considered therapeutic to reduce anxiety, relieve stress, and alters bad moods.
- Coloring is similar to meditating. It increases focus and shifts our thoughts to the present moment.
- Coloring applies both hemispheres of the brain, the right and left, simulating the brain responsible for creativity and logic. From what I have read, some physicians recommend coloring for their Alzheimer’s and Dementia patients.
- Coloring replaces negative thinking as a distraction.
- Coloring five minutes before bedtime has been reported to help some people sleep better because of its calming effects.
- Social group coloring evaluates relaxation and the joy of spending time with others.
- When coloring, we are unplugged from technology, which engages in self-care “me time.”
- Coloring creates boundaries by staying in the lines and evokes metaphorical boundaries in our personal lives.
There is even a National Coloring Day which is August 2nd. Adult coloring is good for the soul. How about taking a few minutes each day before going to bed to color and see if it changes your perspective on life. 🙂 ~ Patti
Comments are always welcome, and please share this post with your colleagues, friends, and family on your social networks! Sharing is caring.
For more information about Becoming a Better Leader [e-Book] Click here to download your copy.
How about creating Harmony in Your Life; click on the link 21- Days Optimal Work/Life Balance Workshop.
Want “one to one coaching” with Patti – email me email@example.com