Do you feel like you’re so busy that you don’t have time for a life? Do you feel as if you’re constantly running behind?
There are ways you can learn to negotiate your work life, so you become more productive.
Once you become more organized at work, you can more fully enjoy your time away from work as well. If you’re not stressing about your job, you can relax when you’re at home and live a more balanced life.
How can you be more productive? What can you do to improve the quality of your life?
Here are a few ideas to find work-life balance:
- Slow Down. If you’re feeling overwhelmed and it seems like you’re running in circles, sometimes the best thing you can do is to slow down.
Take the time to prioritize. Going faster doesn’t mean you’re more productive or that you accomplish more things. Doing things right the first time will save time in the long run.
- Stop Procrastinating. There are certain things about any job that is mundane. If you take the time to do the tedious parts of your job, you can breathe a sigh of relief sooner.
Schedule an afternoon to finish those pesky tasks so you can move on to more interesting (or even fun!) things.
- Share The Work. You don’t have to do everything! Recruit some help from your fellow employees or family members.
Delegate responsibilities, and you’ll get everything done in a timely manner. This facilitates teamwork and makes everyone feel like they’ve made a contribution. It also gives you some relief while your helpers gain a sense of accomplishment.
- Simplify. Don’t make things complicated. As humans, we tend to make extra work for ourselves, even if it’s unnecessary.
Why reinvent the wheel?
If something works, don’t try to fix it.
Always remember the KISS method: Keep It Simple Silly.
- De-clutter. Streamlining your workspace helps you focus on your work.
Arrange your desk so you can reach what you need the moment you need it. Sifting through multiple piles costs you valuable time, causes frustration, and can even prevent you from completing important tasks!
- Learn To Say No. When your workload is maxed out, be assertive about saying no. Help your boss understand that your plate is full and not insubordinate.
Stay within your scheduled hours. Once you’ve learned to keep work from cutting into your personal time, you will become more empowered to enjoy life outside the office walls.
- Implement Technology. Use technology to your advantage. A small-time investment in entering information, such as addresses and other contact information, into a computer system can save volumes of time later.
Once you’ve implemented a system, it’s much easier to make changes to the information and stay current. It also makes it easier to keep up with detailed customer information.
- Eliminate Distractions. If your personal life interferes with your job, set some boundaries. Be firm when you have work to finish.
Leave your cell phone in the car or switch it off during work hours.
Discourage frequent personal calls or visits.
Delay socializing with co-workers until your work is done.
Once you’ve learned to streamline your workday, you’ll find that you no longer dread going to work and bringing it all home! Imagine knowing that you’re ready to start your day instead of playing catch up from yesterday.
Be sure to start using these ideas today to enjoy a great work-life balance and a more fulfilling life!
To learn more about A Balanced Life; click on the link 21- Days Optimal Work/Life Balance Workshop.
To schedule “one on one coaching” with Patti – click on the “Schedule Now” button below: