Enhance Your Personal Development
What is Personal Development? It is a life long process of anything improving oneself which helps you progress towards what you want in life and/or career. Personal Development is constant; everyday take some kind of action to help you grow, no matter how big or how small it is.
- Take time to learn and self-reflect from your experiences, challenges, mistakes, struggles, positive outcomes and grow.
- Ask others you admire to mentor, coach or teach you what they know.
- Invest in hiring a Certified Professional Coach. A Professional Coach creates a positive environment for their clients to enhance their personal development.
- Read books regarding your profession and about personal development.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and training classes.
- Obtain certifications in your field.
- The more knowledge and skills you have, the more valuable you are as an employee. You will become more confident and competent at taking on new challenges, projects, assignments and responsibilities.
- Join an association in your profession to help you network and learn from other members experiences.
- Join Toastmasters International to help you to succeed at gaining confidence with your public speaking skills and leadership skills as well as learning new things.
If you are a Supervisor, Manager or CEO. A good leader meets with their employees one on one to discuss personal development. The supervisor and staff member create an action plan with goals and training courses. Through coaching, mentoring, a career development plan and leading with a proven successful manner, the employee will be on a career path of purpose. It is up to the individual to pursue their dreams and aspirations to be a good leader. Don’t underestimate the importance of having a good coach, leader or person in your life to assist you along the way. Having a good leader to follow is priceless. Just think, what possibilities could be in the workplace if everyone was a good leader and exceptional employee.
Self-Reflection Question: What are you doing to continue to grow and improve?