Click to listen to Episode 12 How to Say No When Overcommitted From Chaos To Calm
Hi, Managers and Supervisors. How’s it going?
How do we truly have a balanced life?
Between running a business or having a demanding career, family time, alone time with spouse, volunteering, hobbies, taking a vacation and all other promised commitments.
We get pulled in many different directions, sometimes bringing us to our breaking point. Being overwhelmed can create the appearance that someone wants you to do something for them, and you feel obligated to do it, and you are already overbooked and can’t do one more thing.
What are the signs it is time to say no?
- feel stress, anxiety, and panic.
- You don’t want to do it.
- It is not something you enjoy
- You’re the go-to person.
- You can’t get what you already promised completed
- by the deadline dates.
- You feel if you say no to that person, they won’t like you,
- or worse, your boss will be disappointed and punish you somehow.
Do any of these statements describe your situation?
If yes, are you ready to start saying no?
- Make a list of all your obligations.
- Checkmark the ones you enjoy doing.
- Circle the ones you don’t.
- The commitments you don’t want, slowly start
- removing them from your life.
Take one step at a time and say no to things you don’t have time for or don’t want to do. When you start saying no, it will feel uncomfortable at the start; however, you will be set free to enjoy being you.
Today’s Podcast Affirmation:
I say “NO” easily!
Did you find this helpful? If so, please share this podcast with others!
Until next we meet again!
Coffee with Patti – is a beautiful way to express your appreciation and support.
If you would like to work with me for coaching services, click the “Schedule Now” button below.
#managers #supervisors #leadership #leadershipdevelopment #anchorpodcast #howtosaynowhenovercommitted #leadershippodcast