For National Women’s Month, we celebrate women of all walks and background across the globe from today and days past. There are more female heads of major companies today and it is worth noting these 5 most powerful (according to Fortune). I encourage you to read more about these dynamic women and research others. Their leadership styles could tell you a lot about your own.
- Mary Barra – CEO of GM – Leadership style- She creates an environment where employees feel they can voice their opinions. She has good listening skills and is approachable. She believes that collaboration yield results and she holds hall meetings to gather advice on project direction. She understands the importance of team effort and communicating appreciation.
- Indra Nooyi – CEO of PepsiCo – Leadership style – Her leadership mantra is “Performance with Purpose.” She is honest and tough of herself and raises the standard for everybody, however, is caring and wants people to excel.
- Marillyn Hewson – CEO of Lockheed Martin – Leadership style – She encourages an environment that fosters frank and thoughtful discussion and company-wide collaboration.
- Ginni Rometty – CEO of IBM – Leadership style – She is good at her job and gets things done. She combines strategy, culture, and communication. She strives to take a balanced approach to her work and has the ability to manage properly and stay focused.
- Abigail Johnson – CEO of Fidelity Investments – Leadership style – She encourages a team oriented culture which is focused on uniting employees on a shared purpose and common goal.
What traits do you think makes an excellent leader?
What qualities do these women have that make them excellent leaders?
Call to Action:
Think about a woman or women (supervisor, manager or leader) in your life which truly made a difference to you and your career.
Write down how and what qualities would you like to incorporate in your management style. Then take a moment and write a email, text or letter; thanking them for making a difference in your life. Please feel free to share your experiences, it may inspire others to emulate those qualities as well. ~ Patti
Don’t forget about my FREE e-book as well… Become a Better Leader Click here to download your copy.